Lies..

We are all wrapped up in lies, white lies, lies of deception, unintentional lies, intentional lies, good lies, bad lies and lies that are okay to be told if it helps someone. But no one thinks of its consequences in a long run when they lie, i don't too. Its a truth i am telling that i have always felt something whenever i have lied, be it about anything to anyone, a feeling that lefts me uneasy. The expression on the outside reflects the feelings of the inside, my mood shows up when something on the inside is wrong.
 If lying was avoidable i would have one less burden on my heart because sometimes a lie seem to be the only answer to the situation that causes us to do so. Solutions we seek for sometimes are just not there yet we force ourselves and live a lie that one day it will be unfolded when deep down we know it won't. even if its to ourself the fact that it is still a lie won't change or would it?
 Instead of living a lie if we could try and understand  "why do we have to lie in the first place" would help a little better i suppose. Lying is more like part and parcel of life just as having problems are. In either case we don't look for cause, we put our effort more into how to cover it or how to keep it from others. Covering a lie most of the time needs another lie and we would do anything to keep our  lies from coming out. Thus it forms a chain of all kinds of lies and it gets longer each day. 
Is hope a lie? in a way i think it is. we don't know for sure yet we believe something to happen and if we don't know for sure ain't that called a lie? 
if i don't say what i feel but decide to stay quite would that also be counted a lie? Is there something else between the honest truth and the lie? 
I do lie too, most of the times about myself i guess, about my feelings, emotions, likes and dislikes it helps me protect myself from other lies that would flood in if i speak every truth about myself, it helps me protect the bonds i share with others, it helps me have more faith in myself in my moments.

P.S- I don't know how it came to me but i was just wanting to write something and lie is what i started writing about. i don't expect everyone to think that each word has a meaning that makes sense to them but this has always helped me put my thoughts into words.

Comments

Popular Posts